Tuffy Security Jeep JK Unlimited 11-18 Security Tailgate Enclosure
The Unlimited tailgate security enclosure is a simple, hinged design that creates a lockable storage area completely protected on all sides. The patented design works in conjunction with the lockable vehicle tailgate and the existing vehicle geometry to secure the area created without the need for a rigid front panel connection, any releasable lock mechanisms or other unnecessary hardware.
The assembly top does not open like Tuffy deck enclosure part 326 and is outfitted with tie-down anchors. It works in the unlimited 4-door model with the rear seat and the 2-door model with the rear seat removed.
Quickly and easily installs with standard hand tools in the 4 door Jeep models with an OEM hardtop or softtop. It will work in vehicles equipped with or without the subwoofer and functions with the OEM storage cover or the Tuffy Cubby Cover, part 143. Assembly can be easily removed for transporting larger items.
On vehicles with power door locks, arming the security alarm automatically disables the power door lock switches and ensures the tailgate and Tuffy enclosure are secure, even on softtop models or with the top removed. Any items stowed on top of the enclosure must also be securely fastened to the vehicle.
US Pat. No. 9,039,062 and 9,079,625. Other Patents Pending.
- Simple design with integrated mounting hardware does not require drilling on 4-door model.
- Provides over 20,800 cubic inches of lockable storage space (non-sub-woofer).
- Lid is weight bearing with 4 tie-down rings. Any items stowed on top of the enclosure must also be securely fastened to the vehicle.
- Includes perimeter weather seal.
- Mounts in 4 door vehicles and 2 door without rear seat OEM hard or soft top.
- Assembly can be removed for transporting taller items.
- Functions with the OEM storage cover or the Tuffy Cubby Cover part 143.
- Works with or without OEM sub-woofer and maintains access and use of OEM 12v rear power port (if equipped).
- Storage enclosure is secured shut when the rear vehicle door is locked, creating a secure area.
- 16 gauge steel construction
- durable powder coat finish
- US Pat. No. 9,039,062 and 9,079,625. Other Patents Pending.
Jeep Wrangler JK 2011-2018 4-door models with or without OEM sub-woofer and OEM hard or soft top.
Jeep Wrangler JK 2011-2018 2-door models with rear seat removed with or without OEM sub-woofer and OEM hard or soft top, requires additional hardware provided by customer. See assembly instructions
(May not fit with aftermarket rear window soft top bars)
(Additional hardware may be required if the vehicle is equipped with any aftermarket mats that add any thickness to the carpet).
(Does not fit 2007-2010 Jeep Wrangler JK see Part 310-01, 2007-2010 JK Unlimited Security Tailgate Security Enclosure)
No Drilling required in 4-door model, assembly fastensåÕåÔ_to the existing vehicle mounting points. 2-door models require drilling two holes in the vehicle floor and additional hardware provided by customer